Program Manager, Behavioral Clinical Practioner
Lisa M. Cymbor, MA, BCBA, received her master’s degree in applied behavior analysis (ABA) from Pennsylvania State University, Harrisburg, in 2010. She has a variety of clinical experience working as a consultant for children with developmental disabilities in the home and school across several states including Georgia, Arizona and Pennsylvania.
Lisa joined Marcus Autism Center in October 2013 as a behavioral clinical practitioner where she worked extensively with the model classroom program and as a behavioral consultant. Additionally, she has served as co-coordinator for Camp You B You’s three-week social skills day camp and weeklong sleepaway camp since 2014. In May 2018, Lisa became the Program Manager of the School Consultation Program.
Currently, she is responsible for establishing relationships with school systems across the state of Georgia, providing direct behavioral consultation to school districts, training teachers and paraprofessionals in principles of ABA, behavior management, developing individualized eduation program (IEP) goals and general classroom management strategies. Additionally, she assesses students using the Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills-Revised (ABLLS-R) and Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS), conducts functional behavioral assessments including functional analyses, and develops behavior intervention plans.
Lisa’s current interests include training the use of evidence-based practices in classrooms, building capacity within school systems, and further developing a pre-vocational/social skills camp program for adolescents who present with higher functioning skills.
- Cymbor, L. & Marya, V. (2018, December). Foundations for learning: How to create a willing learner. Presented at the 11th Annual Georgia Association for Positive Behavior Support Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Cymbor, L. (2018, October). Proactive versus reactive in the educational setting: Ways to intervene and set students up for success. Presented at the 4th Annual North Georgia Autism Conference, Dalton, GA.
- Cymbor, L., Caitlin Delfs, & Julie Eshleman. (2017, May). Autism 101. Presented at the Dunwoody Police Department, Dunwoody, GA.
- Cymbor, L., Cunningham, C., & Zavatkay, D. (2016, December). Importance of individualized education: Assessment to writing IEP goals. Presented at the Georgia Association for Positive Behavior Support Conference, Duluth, GA.
- Cunningham, C., Cymbor, L., & Zavatkay, D. (2016, February). Looking at autism from the perspective of a board-certified behavior analyst (BCBA). Presented at the American Camp Association National Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Cymbor, L., Cunningham, C., & Zavatkay, D. (2016, February). Autism: What you need to know and how to set up a successful camp experience. Presented at the American Camp Association National Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Cymbor, L., Cunningham, C., & Zavatkay, D.T. (2015, December). Teaching social skills in the community to individuals with autism. Presented at the Georgia Association for Positive Behavior Support Conference, Atlanta, GA.