Program Manager, Behavioral Clinical Practioner
Lisa M. Cymbor, MA, BCBA, received her master’s degree in applied behavior analysis (ABA) from Pennsylvania State University, Harrisburg, in 2010. She has a variety of clinical experience working as a consultant for children with developmental disabilities in the home and school across several states including Georgia, Arizona and Pennsylvania.
Lisa joined Marcus Autism Center in October 2013 as a behavioral clinical practitioner where she worked extensively with the model classroom program and as a behavioral consultant. Additionally, she has served as co-coordinator for Camp You B You’s three-week social skills day camp and weeklong sleepaway camp since 2014. In May 2018, Lisa became the Program Manager of the School Consultation Program.
Currently, she is responsible for establishing relationships with school systems across the state of Georgia, providing direct behavioral consultation to school districts, training teachers and paraprofessionals in principles of ABA, behavior management, developing individualized eduation program (IEP) goals and general classroom management strategies. Additionally, she assesses students using the Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills-Revised (ABLLS-R) and Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS), conducts functional behavioral assessments including functional analyses, and develops behavior intervention plans.
Lisa’s current interests include training the use of evidence-based practices in classrooms, building capacity within school systems, and further developing a pre-vocational/social skills camp program for adolescents who present with higher functioning skills.
- Cymbor, L. & Marya, V. (2018, December). Foundations for Learning: How to create a willing learner. 11th Annual Georgia Association for Positive Behavior Support Conference. Lecture conducted from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Cymbor, L. (2018, October). Proactive versus Reactive in the Educational Setting: Ways to Intervene and Set Students Up for Success. 4th Annual North Georgia Autism Conference. Lecture conducted from Dalton, Georgia.
- Cymbor, L., Caitlin Delfs, & Julie Eshleman. (2017, May). Autism 101. Lecture conducted from Dunwoody Police Department, Dunwoody, Georgia.
- Cymbor, L., Cunningham, C., & Zavatkay, D. (2016, December). Importance of Individualized
Education: Assessment to Writing IEP Goals. Georgia Association for Positive Behavior Support Conference. Lecture conducted from Duluth, Georgia.
- Cunningham, C., Cymbor, L., & Zavatkay, D. (2016, February). Looking at Autism from the Perspective of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). American Camp Association National Conference. Lecture conducted from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Cymbor, L., Cunningham, C., & Zavatkay, D. (2016, February). Autism: What You Need to Know and How to Set Up a Successful Camp Experience. American Camp Association National Conference. Lecture conducted from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Cymbor, L., Cunningham, C., & Zavatkay, D.T. (2015, December). Teaching Social Skills in the Community to Individuals with Autism. Georgia Association for Positive Behavior Support Conference. Lecture conducted from Atlanta, Georgia.